Fall Bucket List + My Favorite Blazer Combo
It’s almost witching season.
Safe to pull out the fall ensembles, shall we? Monday marked the first day of fall—also the day my littlest and last was born three years ago—so I always feel quite the burst of joy (and severe nostalgia) during this time of year, surely you must understand. I find it hard to let go of lazy summer days, but admittedly, there is something about the briskness of the new season and autumn layers that puts a little extra pep in my step. You, too?
As with the start of any new season, I love organizing our seasonal closets and am knee-deep in putting away all the summer dresses and swimsuits (never mind that we have a sudden spell of mid 80 degree temps this week). Back when I worked in a corporate marketing environment, I collected my fair share of jackets and matching trousers. Recently, when my younger sis was visiting us, she had a video job interview with a prospective employer and asked if she could borrow a black jacket. To her dismay, I had to break the news that I don’t have even one basic blazer left in my closet—I mean, I haven’t had a corporate desk job in five years since I became a SAHM! As for this blazer I’m wearing here, when I myself realized I was sorely lacking a polished yet casual jacket – particularly one in the tan/cream/beige blazer department—I scoured the internet for one that could be dressed up or down. And with the resurgence of slip dresses (hello 90s!), I’ve been dipping my toe back in and love how versatile this neutral linen blazer + dress combo feels for daytime meetings that could easily turn into date night.
And with the fall season officially here, I also love putting together my family’s mini bucket list for the months ahead. Let’s call it a cheat sheet to all the things I hope to indulge in with my boys this time of year—it helps circumvent my “mom brain” so that we don’t suddenly find ourselves at winter’s door wondering where all the pumpkins went.
1. Get lost in a corn maize. Bonus points if it’s a spooky one!
2. Go pumpkin and apple picking, and hopefully bake a pie with said fruits of our labor.
3. Take a weekend trip to Woodloch Resort to catch the fall foliage in the Poconos.
4. Make a cozy chunky knit blanket. Extra credit for making a second blanket in a fall-inspired color!
5. Watch a Halloween themed movie with the kids.
6. DIY our family Halloween costumes. (I’m by no means a Pinterest mom, but there’s something sweet about handcrafting my kids’ costumes every year… at least while they’re little!)
7. Go camping in the backyard.
8. Take a cooking class with a fall-themed menu. (I’m actually taking one at my local Sur La Table next month!)
9. Decorate our front porch for fall.
10. Jump in a big pile of leaves and then indulge in homemade apple cider.
I’d love to hear what’s on your fall bucket list. Don’t forget to comment below!